When I read this, naturally it caught me by surprised. Why wouldn’t it as what happened to a 44-year-old Maori woman in New Zealand suddenly had a minor stroke after her partner gave her a hickey. This appears to be the only documented case of a hickey related stroke, but in general, getting hurt in the heat of passion is not that uncommon, doctors say.
Love hurts, love scars, love wounds and mars. These song lyrics were all too true for her. Doctors were puzzled by her symptoms until they realized that there had been a clot in an artery on the right side of her neck beneath where she still showed the bruising of a hickey.
“Because it was a love bite, there would be a lot of suction. Because of the physical trauma, it had made a bit of bruising inside the vessel” causing a clot, Dr. Teddy Wu, who treated the patient, told the New Zealand press. The clot apparently resulted in a stroke.
So do not take anything for granted. Be careful on what you do even if it is sex. Too much may result in something else.