The Holidays are fast approaching and I believe it is time to whip up those cooking skills to the test and create something new for my family to enjoy. Avocados are a common ingredient in many of my recipes and I actually have tried avocados from Mexico and I have to say, they really make the food taste even better.
The question then comes into mind, why avocados from Mexico specifically? They are the Hass variety which have pebbly skin that darkens from green to almost black as they ripen and the flesh inside becomes softer. This is why chefs consider the world’s finest avocado from Mexico.
When using avocados in baked goods, just replace the butter or oil with an equal amount of pureed avocado. It is that simple. The result is that your goods will come out richer, healthier and more moist than before.
I tried to cook my own version of their Avocado sugar cookies and I have to say not bad for my first try (photo bleow).
And this is the recipe:
- 1 box of your favorite brand’s Sugar Cookie Mix*
- 1/2 cup pureed Avocado from Mexico to replace 1/2 a cup of oil
- 1 egg
2. Stir cookie mix, pureed avocado and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful’s 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake as directed or until edges are light golden brown.
5. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
6. Optional, top with your favorite sprinkles.
Yummy, right?! I still have more than enough time to hone my skills and perfect this cookie heaven recipe.
You may also want to check out a contest they are running called the Avocados from Mexico’s Better Baking Sweepstakes.
Just visit their Facebook page and enter there for a chance to win one of over 500 prizes! Prize details below:
- (1) Grand Prize – $2,500 iCard Gift Card
- (10) Second Prizes – $100 iCard Gift Card
- (500) Third Prizes – $25 iCard Gift Card
Now, who would not want to win a $2,500 gift card, right?! Join now!